Home owners beware: Man dies in roof space

Police are being assisted by EnergySafety and Western Power over a late-December death of a man in his early 70s at Ledge Point.

The man was believed to be in the roof space of his home when he died, with inspectors currently unclear over whether electricity is involved.

EnergySafety, who investigated electricity and gas-related incidents in Western Australia to look into ways of future prevention, issued a statement from acting executive director, Michael Bunko while relaying condolences to the family of the man.

“Although it is still unclear how this man died, I take the opportunity to remind people of the lethal electrical dangers when working in roof spaces and the importance of turning off the electricity main switch at the main switchboard before venturing up into the roof space,” said Bunko.

Renovators, home owners and tenants should always look to put their safety first.

jduke@propertyobserver.com.au

Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke was a property writer at Property Observer

Community Discussion

Be the first one to comment on this article
What would you like to say about this project?